The Kaduna Books and Arts festival (KABAFEST) is a 3-day literary event from July 5th – 8th, 2017 that will gather African writers, artists, actors, poets and performers who will share their work with literature and book lovers in the country. The event will hold at the Gusau Institute, Kaduna and it promises to be huge, intellectually enriching and so much fun.
If you are attending, here are a few things to note.
- Accommodation: Whether you school in Kaduna or you’re travelling down, you can try staying with a friend who lives close to the venue or share hotel fees with a friend.
- Weather and clothing: It is currently the rainy season in Nigeria, so you should pack for rains and a bit of cold. You can have one or two light clothing on the chance the sun comes out to play at any point during the Festival.
- Main languages spoken: The main languages spoken in Kaduna are English and Hausa.
- Places to visit: The Kaduna Museum, The Local Markets and The Kaduna River are great places to visit while in Kaduna city.
- Go with your Flexx Card and App: Amidst the festivities and fanfare, you will barely have time to visit the bank and this is why you should open your Flexx account now in 4 minutes, download the Flexx app here and pick up your instant debit card to carry out all banking transactions with ease and convenience.
Got other notes about Kaduna City and the KABAFEST for us? Share in the comments section.