Healthy foods, no doubt, improve your mental health and boost your memory. Whether you’re a student or a young professional, you should endeavour to eat foods that will enhance your physical and mental development.
Need a list of foods to help in this regard? See some below:
● Fatty Fish – Fatty fish such as sardine, salmon, and trout are a very rich source of omega-3 fatty acids which form about 60% of the human brain fat. The brain uses the omega-3s to build nerve cells and, helps the brain to ward off age-related mental diseases such as Alzheimer.
● Coffee – Do you know that coffee helps your brain to stay alert? Yes, coffee contains caffeine and antioxidants that help improve a person’s mood and sharpens memory and concentration. Coffee also reduces the risk of having a neurological disease such as Parkinson. So, if you’re not a coffee lover, you can start taking some today!
● Oranges – Oranges and other foods that are high in vitamin C can help protect your brain against damage from free radicals. Eating a sufficient amount of oranges and some other vitamin C-rich foods/fruits such as pepper, guava, tomatoes, and strawberries also prevent mental decline.
Check this out: On a scale of 1-10, how hygienic are you?
● Nuts – Nuts such as walnuts amongst others, have a positive impact on your heart and brain health. They improve cognition and neurodegenerative diseases such as Huntington. Nutrients in nuts include healthy fats, antioxidants and vitamin E (which shield cell membranes from free radical damage).
● Green Tea – A perfect beverage to enhance your brain health is green tea. It contains caffeine that boosts mental alertness and antioxidants that protect the brain. It also contains L-theanine- a form of amino acid that can cross the blood-brain barrier- and, it increases the activity of the neurotransmitter in the brain.