Ladies, get in here! We know five cool facts about heels and we think you’ll appreciate those beauties even more after reading this. Shall we dive in?
- Catherine de Medici, a 16th-century Italian noblewoman who was short in stature wanted to make a bigger impression when she arrived in France to marry the future King Henry. She is believed to be the originator of high heels for women. Smart move, high-five for her!
- The Guinness World Record for most people running in high heeled shoes is 155 people. Oh really! let’s break that record. Anyone up for running?
- In 1993, Louboutin wanted to make a shoe after an Andy Warhol painting but something was missing. When the prototype of the shoe arrived, he was pleased with it but still couldn’t shake the feeling that “the drawing still was stronger.” He looked around and saw an assistant painting her nails a bright red color. He grabbed her nail polish and painted it all over the black sole of the shoe. That’s why Christian Louboutin heels have red soles. So coool!
- Altocalciphilia is the condition of having a high heel fetish. Yes darling, high heel fetish is a thing!
- Former Philippine First Lady Imelda Marcos is recorded to own 1,200 pairs of shoes. Send a quick DM on IG. J
Which of these facts did you find most interesting? Share with us in the comment section below.