The eyes are an essential part of our bodies as they aid us in carrying out a lot of bodily functions properly. They are a very delicate part of the body. Though we have always had our eyes, there are some facts and figures we didn’t know about them.
Here are some random facts about the eyes you probably didn’t know.
- Newborn babies cry but don’t produce tears. Tears are produced from 4-13 weeks old
- You blink about 12 times every minute
- Each eyelash has a lifespan of about 5 months
- Your eyeballs are the same size from when you’re born till death but the ears and eyes continue to grow
- Red eye occurs in photos because light from the flash bounces of the back of the eye.
- 80% of what we learn is through our eyes
- It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open
- Only one sixth of the human eye is exposed
- The older we get, the less tears we produce
- It’s impossible to blink 5 times in a single second
- You blink more when you talk as opposed to just staring
You just tried to do the last 2 facts, didn’t you? Share other cool facts that you know with us in the comments section!