School often comes with a lot of stress that students aren’t prepared for. This can be mental or physical stress, and sometimes even both. It’s important to keep an eye on the factors that cause stress and how to minimize them, so you can keep up with all the activities and maintain your sanity.
You can reduce stress levels by following a few simple rules:
- Create a study schedule: Having a schedule to guide reading, work assignments, study for tests and exams etc can help reduce the stress levels you face, as it minimizes the need to rush through them all at once.
- Eat good food, regularly: Eating right also helps to reduce stress. If you eat the appropriate food at the appropriate time, your body would be able to handle some extra work, but eating poorly actually affects your productivity.
- Exercise: Exercising helps your body and mind function better. It works hand in hand with proper diet, so it’s key to ensure you don’t neglect either.
- Make time for some social engagement: Hang out with friends, go for concerts and have fun. After all, all work and no play….
- Get enough rest: You cannot study without sleep and adequate rest, as these activities positively affect your productivity.
- Watch movies and listen to music: These activities can loosen your mind from all the stress and help you relax. Reading a novel or interesting book also works