Ever wondered why you sometimes experience and struggle with gas discomfort in your tummy after hours of eating? That is called stomach bloating and is often caused by indigestion. It is common for the body to struggle to break down food after meals, so don’t get so worried.
People with stomach ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), are more prone to experiencing the discomfort.
The major symptoms include:
- Fullness during or after a meal
- Growling stomach
- Belching & gas
- Acidic taste in the mouth
The symptoms may increase when you’re stressed and swallowing a lot of air while eating can worsen belches and bloating.
Here are some treatments you can try at home to avoid and ease the discomfort:
- Avoid late-night eating.
- Avoid spicy, greasy foods.
- Meditation helps if indigestion is caused by stress or anxiety.
- Take antacids that can relieve your symptoms
- Drink water or milk, as these can soothe the acid in the stomach
- Add more ginger to your diet
- Exercise your tummy region
If symptoms persist, we suggest you visit your doctor!