The New Year is seen as the perfect time to start a new phase in life, drop some habits, pick up new ones and make resolutions. New Year resolutions mostly comprises of things you want to achieve throughout the year. Most people rarely follow through or achieve their resolutions due to so many reasons.
In this post, we shall be looking at setting resolutions that can be achieved.
- Evaluate your life and past year activities: The first step to making resolutions is taking stock of your progress and past activities to be sure of where exactly it is you need to make changes on, doing this will also help in knowing what habits to drop, what to pick and how far you came with your previous resolutions.
- Set specific goals: Don’t just set ambiguous resolutions, make specific ones. Don’t just say “I want to be richer by the end of the year”, say “I want to have saved 1 million Naira by December”. Snew etting specific goals helps you know exactly what needs to be done to achieve the resolutions.
- Start small: This is key is achieving your resolutions, after making specific goals as stated in step 2 above, break each resolution into small parts that will be achieved within a particular timeframe for example, if you want to save 1 million Naira at the end of year, decide on how much you’ll save each month. Set aside all the small resolutions under each big specific ones.
- Make up your mind: With the exception of unforeseen circumstances and emergency solutions that can make you change your resolutions, be sure of the goals you’re setting for the year as changing them every time you face a little setback or you’re tired of working towards it might have you achieving nothing by the end of the year.
- Expect problems and be able to work out their solutions
- Make a plan on how you want to achieve your resolution
- Start now! The year has started and so should you, get into action and start working on acheiving your resolutions as soon as they’re set. Take the first step by opening your Flexx account in just 4 minutes right here.